Sunday 20 April 2014

Top 10 Tracks: April

This month has been a really big month for me with music as I have been giving a lot of different bands a chance. Surprisingly, I have enjoyed most of them! I thought it would be quite a nice idea to let you know what I've been listening to so I have condensed the list down to 10 of my top songs of April. Without babbling on too much, here is my list, in no particular order:

1.  Modern Baseball - Your Graduation (taken from You're Gonna Miss It All)
This is the kind of song that you will be humming for several hours after you have heard it. Modern Baseball never used to heavily feature in my everyday listening, but times have changed since then, and I honestly would not know what to do if I didn't get my daily fix. If you haven't listened to this track, I would recommend it highly. You can check it out here.

2. Handguns - Long October (taken from Angst)
Personally, this is my favourite track that the guys in Handguns have made. With most pop punk bands, they have made it ever so slightly drum heavy, which I really quite enjoy as it isn't to the extent that you can't hear the other instruments. You can check Long October out here.

3. Neck Deep - Losing Teeth (taken from Wishful Thinking)
Admittedly, I wasn't the biggest fan of Wishful Thinking when it first came out as I didn't think it really felt like the Neck Deep I was used to. However, after a while, it has started to grow on me and I can honestly say, it isn't an awful album. Granted, that's not a massive compliment, but I just feel as if a lot of the songs sound very similar to the last. Losing Teeth is my favourite song from the album, I have to say. What I can only describe as a 'bouncy' vibe is flowing throughout it and it's an absolutely fantastic song to listen to on journeys as it's very energizing. If you haven't heard it, you can check it out here.

4. Lower Than Atlantis - Could You? Would You? (taken from World Record)
Needless to say, Mike Duce is one of my favourite vocalists in this day and age. There is something about his voice that really draws me in and grips me. Lower Than Atlantis were never really one of my favourite bands until recently, and now I can't seem to stop listening to them. Could You? Would You? is an absolutely brilliant track, and you can check it out here.

4. Astroid Boys - Taylor Swift (taken from Bacon Dream)
Something you need to learn about me: I absolutely adore Astroid Boys. Taylor Swift, for me, is one of the best ones they have made (other than the obvious Minging). It's a proper summer jam that you just want to have blaring out of the speakers whilst having a BBQ in the back garden. Genuinely recommend this track, check it out here.

5. Transit - Young New England (taken from Young New England)
This track provides such a chilled out vibe which is absolutely perfect for the stunning weather we've had recently. Transit usually give a slightly mellow feel to all of their songs which never fails to please. If you haven't heard it, you can check out Young New England here.

6. Gnarwolves - Reaper (taken from Fun Club)
Angry finger pointers unite for this absolute banger of a song. Gnarwolves never disappoint when it comes to ultimately good jams, and this one in particular is incredibly catchy and energizing. If you don't currently listen to this band, I highly recommend that you do. You won't regret it! If you want to check out Reaper, you can listen to it here.

7. Madball - Smell The Bacon (What's With You?) (taken from Set It Off)
Although this track is literally only 47 seconds long, I can't seem to stop listening to it. It must have something to do with the fact that I utterly adore Madball and the simplicity of this song draws me in greatly. It's hard to believe that Set It Off was released a few years before I was even born and yet here I am listening to the album now. If you fancy checking out Smell The Bacon (What's With You?), you can listen to it here.

8. Fireworks - Detroit (taken from All I Have To Offer Is My Own Confusion)
What. An. Absolute. Jam. Honestly, a few months ago, I had no idea who Fireworks were. It wasn't until I heard this song playing at a Neck Deep gig back in January and violently searching the web trying to find it afterwards down to it being in my head. I don't regret searching for hours for this song as I can't even imagine being without it now. I would go as far to say that it is one of my favourite songs because it just makes me so happy every time I hear it. If you haven't listened to Detroit, you can check it out here.

9. Brand New - The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot (taken from Deja Entendu)
It's only recently that I have been getting into Brand New, and I utterly regret not listening to them sooner as they have very quickly become one of my favourite bands. There is nothing about this song that I don't like; regardless of how simple all of the instruments are being played. Sometimes, simplicity is key, and this song is a good example of this. If you want to check The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot out, you can listen to it here.

10. Nai Harvest Distance, Etc. (taken from Whatever)
This song will always remind me of long train journeys up to Chester, as I would constantly have this album playing. Nai Harvest are a completely underrated band, in my opinion. I really do think that more people should start listening to them. If you fancy checking out Distance, Etc., you can listen to it here.

So there you have it, my top 10 most played songs this month. It was really difficult to condense it down, actually, so I hope you enjoyed it and maybe even found a new band or two to listen to!

No comments:

Post a Comment